In celebration of the House's 15 year anniversary, Founder Ultraa Energi and Father Ryan Energi are proud to present the Origins Ball in San Francisco! With "Origins", we honor the traditions and memories of those who paved the way for Ballroom. We look inward towards the source of our own creativity to unleash on the runway. We celebrate the birth of something new in the Bay Area. Embark with us on this journey, as we set out to bring communities together under one groove for a night of music, fashion, and fierce competition!
AND THE CATEGORIES ARE:
FACE – FLAWLESS
MF (Trophy + $100)
FF (Trophy + $100)
- Beauty is passed down, from generation to generation...we all know that! Your friends may have told you you’re pretty, but we all know the Girls lie too! Bring it with a portrait from the past and make us know you’re the ONE! Dig deep into your family tree, and show us where your beauty comes from.
**Mini Grand #1 for $300**
RUNWAY – GENESIS - TELL US YOUR BACKSTORY...
Winners battle for $300 Cash
- The House of Energi prides itself not only on its diversity but also in showcasing every member’s individuality. We all came from somewhere... Show us how you honor your own Origin story.
- Be ready to tell the judges the inspirations for your pieces.
OTA Best Dressed - TIMELESS FINEST
(2 Trophies – MF & FF)
- Ballroom runways have always been a home for the most iconic looks throughout fashion history. Are you one of the timeless finest? Show the judges why you are dressed the best!
FOOT & EYEWEAR – BODAK YELLOW
- “These expensive, these is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes” – Cardi B. said it best with her first #1 hit this year when talking about footwear. Was she talking about you? Make us know it with your footwear and complimenting eyewear.
**Mini Grand #2 for $300**
BIZARRE - STRANGER THINGS
(1 Trophy + $300)
- "Bizarre" is one of the original fashion categories from the old Harlem Balls. According to the late Icon Ross Infiniti, this category calls for a fashion look that is strange, weird, or unusual and doesn’t have to make sense to the average person. Let us know the Origins of your strangeness by paying homage to the inspiration for your creative “Otherness”.
MF SEX SIREN - #GlowUP
(Trophy + $100)
- We all know and love #GlowUp pics on Social media. Are you willing to show us how far you’ve come??
- Bring it in something sheer and show us your transformation with a “BEFORE” picture.
FF SEX SIREN – Sex Sells
(Trophy + $100)
- Many successful female artists over the past century haven't just been gifted musically, but they've also been some of the most physically alluring women we've ever witnessed. From Grace Jones, Diana Ross, Janet Jackson, Rihanna and Lil’ Kim to Shakira, JLo and Pink.
- Show us your inspired look that can sell out stadiums.
OTA REALNESS - LABOR OF LOVE
We all know the service industry makes the world go round. To honor the Labor Movement and Cesar Chavez, bring it as a day-to-day working class citizen.
MF - BLUE COLLAR DOLLARS
(Trophy + $100)
- We've seen the thugs and we've seen the execs but what about the rest? Make us know it as a blue collar worker…
FF REALNESS - PINK COLLAR DOLLARS
(Trophy + $100)
We’ve seen the Around the Way Girls and Fashionistas, but what about the rest? Show us the real career girls. Bring it as a pink collar worker...
VIRGIN PERFORMANCE - DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
- Every great performer had a first show! Distinguish yourself from the YouTube watching carbon copies. Show the world that glass is trash and that what you've been polishing is something much better. Bring it in All Black with a Sparkling Diamond accessory.
OTA PERFORMANCE - IT'S NEVER THE BEAT IT'S U PART 1
- This is the Origins, and our pioneers made performance amazing to WHATEVER the DJ played. Vogue Beat Originator Vjuan Allure says a REAL voguer can catch it, CAN YOU?
*Old way in CLASSIC WHITE gloves – Dawan Milan’s Latest storm of the 2017 Heritage Ball NY took the battle to new heights – make us know it.
*BQ Vogue Femme in RED – Bring it like Dashaun Lanvin’s (then Evisu) Legendary $5k Grand prize (Atlanta Awards Ball 2005 vs. Prince Milan) WAKE IT UP!!
*New Way with a bit of GOLD – I remember that OVAH moment ICON Javier Ninja made all the girls know his NAME… Can you do the same?
*Women's Performance with SPARKLING effect - Kia Labeija has paved the way for a new generation of women’s performance divas shine on the runway. Come Vogue like a Lady in a sparkling look.
*FF Performance in all BLACK - We will never forget the phoenix of Ballroom, Latisha Ebony, Icon of FF Performance! Bring us the drama in all black.
*Realness with a Twist in STREETWEAR - Take us back to The Edge in D.C., where the hood boys would twist into the Girls. Bring it in streetwear and get your 10’s for Realness first, then Twist on the spot to get your 10’s for Performance.
*All-Styles with a Twist - This is the Bay Area...birthplace of the “All Styles” competition. Let us know why your community knows you! Rep your culture’s fashion and bring it in your own style (i.e. Breaking, Locking, Housing, Waacking, Hustle, etc.) to get your 10’s, then Twist and get your 10’s in Vogue. Don’t forget your elements!
OTA PERFORMANCE - IT'S NEVER THE BEAT IT'S U PART II
(1 trophy + $800)
- So you won your trophy tonight… GREEEAAAT… But are you the grandest Performance Diva of them all? Battle the rest of the trophy winners and prove it for $800!
- ONLY trophy winners will battle